C.W.Waddington Ltd was founded by Clifford Waddington in 1930 at the premises on Bridge Place, Worksop. His son, Trevor Waddington, joined the company in 1957, subsequently gaining entrance to the Tailor & Cutter Academy in London, where he achieved distinction.
Trevor also trained at the home of bespoke tailoring, Savile Row, under Bernard Weatherill, the late Speaker of the House of Commons, before returning to his roots in 1964 and joining the family business. In 1967, he entered various international exhibitions where he achieved numerous accolades, including the prestigious Commonwealth Gold Medal for tailoring and The Hunt & Winterbottom Trophy.
Over 85 years of unbroken retailing in the town, Waddington’s has developed a deserved reputation for the quality of both its products and service, and in recent years has been joined by the third generation of the family, in Trevor’s daughter Jane.